Tuesday 22 April 2014

The best time for Magnolias


Magnolia at night- yes thats a star!


It may seem a slightly odd thing to do, and I fear it is, to go outside at night and take pictures of your neighbour's Magnolia.  Every year I pop outside for some unconnected reason, look up and am struck by how majestic, and for want of a less pretentious adjective, beautiful it is, looming quietly, a pale white cloud just visible against a dark sky.  Obviously if your Magnolia is a lovely dark pink than these are probably best observed in the light, think they need to be white to have that ethereal quality.  The evening I took these was weirdly balmy even considering how warm its been recently.  My camera has picked up more colour than is visible in reality but I think they capture the overall effect.  I even managed to get a star.  My Magnolias almost over now, but maybe next year if you read this you will also admire a Magnolia by starlight and see what I mean.  No need to tell people you've done it though, probably an experience best kept to oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment