Monday 14 April 2014

A Ridiculous Amount of daffodils





I can take or leave a daffodil.  Yeah I get why people like them and don’t get me wrong, when they first pop up in Spring I am as pleased as anybody to see them all unapologetically zingy yellow.  I think they were perfectly personified in Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, aggressive and honky, I can’t see them without being taken back to that film.  However, dare I say it, I find them a tad boring.  Maybe its over exposure, you would think they were the only thing that flowers this time of year, after all you know what people say: variety is the spice of life.

That being said, I have seen a daffodil display this year that even I was quite taken with.  A local private school at some point last year must have employed some poor soul to plant at least a thousand daffodil bulbs because this year suddenly a vast sea of them have appeared for the first time right next to the road.  Evidently the school must have decided the grass verge needed livening up at this time of year. There is no denying it does look good.  I think anybody would be impressed with a solid 500 metre stretch of yellow trumpets and I thought it was definitely worthy of a few photographs.  Not so sure I would be as thrilled at this use of school fee money if I was paying to go there personally, but as Im not, its very nice!  Im not sure the photos do them justice but you get the general idea..



No comments:

Post a Comment