Thursday 1 May 2014

Photo of the week: Miss Bateman Clematis

Miss Bateman at Dusk


Just a quick photo I took a week or so ago.  Thought we would go for a simple visual delight today.  The first clematis bloom in our garden, we have a fair few, the mother’s rather fond you see.  It’s a Miss Bateman for interest.  Definitely out early because of a patch of nice weather we had.  Not so much now, I was so looking forward to going home, climbing into my wellies and having a little stomp about in my veg patch.  But not tonight Josephine, as Napolean once said, the heavens have opened.  And yes Im British and talking about the weather.  And do you know why we do that?  Yesterday it was sunny and t-shirt weather and today im wearing a raincoat with frizzy hair.  British weather lacks a little thing called consistency and is very unhelpful when I schedule in garden time.

(tit-bit for the day it was not until I went to post this that I noticed that spell checker had auto corrected ‘wellies’ into something far less appropriate for this blog…)

No comments:

Post a Comment